mHITs Remit lets you send
money anytime and from
anywhere by SMS from your
mHITs account ...
... to mobile wallets around the
world. The recipient does not
need to have a bank account-
just use their mobile number.
Use mHITs Remit for:
- regular remittance to friends and family overseas
- sending a gift of money
- sending money in an emergency
Which countries can I send money to?
Right now, mHITs Remit lets you send money instantly to six countries. Recipients must also be registered with a compatible m-wallet in these countries:
Best FX rates in Australia:
mHITs Remit has among the most competitive FX rates available in Australia. See Rates (top right of this page) for the current FX rates.
How to send money:
Sending money overseas is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
How much does it cost to send money?
mHITs Remit has the lowest micro remittance fees in Australia and uses a simple fee structure for sending money to Philippines:
- Philippines: $5 + 1% of the amount*
- All other countries: $5 + 5% of the amount*
How much can I send?
How it works:
Sending money is easy! Just text the following information:
Then send your SMS to the mHITs number: 0428 696 448 (0428 MY MHIT)
<mobile> is the mobile number of the person receiving the payment in international format
<amount> is the amount in Australian dollars and cents in the format xx.xx
<firstname> is the first name of the person receiving the payment
<lastname> is this last name of the person receiving the payment
<address> is the address of the person receiving the payment
Network charges may apply for sending an sms from your mobile phone.
Note: you do not need to include the "<" or ">" brackets.
Note - the mobile number of the recipient must be in international format including the country code. The firstname, lastname and address are that of the person receiving the money (beneficiary) and must be included. See the example below for more details.
How to get a rate:
To get a rate, just start a payment but do not reply with the one-time code. The confirmation SMS message you will receive will show the total fees and the amount the beneficiary will receive in their local currency. This is a free service and neither the sender or receiver will be charged in any way. Note - you will need to be registered with mHITs to use this facility.
You can also use the free mHITs iPhone app to send money. Click here to download.
Things you should know:
- mHITs works on all Australian mobile networks and on both pre-paid and account plans.
- SMS message usage charges may apply for sending an SMS and check with your mobile network provider.
- You will need to have an mHITs account before you can send money using mHITs.
Registration is free. Click here to register.
- The recipient will need to be registered with a compatible m-wallet in the destination country
* All fees are deducted from the total amount you are sending. The $5 fixed fee is deducted first followed by the % fee. For example, if you are sending $100 to the Philippines, the $5 fixed fee is deduced first. The 1% fee is calculated on the remaining amount which in this case is $95 meaning the % fee is $0.95. The total fees for this transaction will therefore be $5.95. The total amount sent to the receiver in this case will therefore be $94.05. A cash-out fee may also apply if funds are withdrawn over-the counter. Check with the receiving m-wallet service for details.